Our practice is committed to best practice in relation to the management of information we collect. This practice has developed a policy
to protect patient privacy in compliance with privacy legislation. By accepting your consultation appointment with us, you give consent
for us to collect and use your information as outlined below.
Our policy is to inform you of the kinds of personal information that we collect and hold, how we collect and hold personal information,
the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information, how you may access your personal information and seek
the correction of that information.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email and contact details
- Medicare number
- Your health information and other sensitive information.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will generally collect personal information:
- From you directly when you provide your details to us
- From a person responsible for you
- From third parties where the Privacy Act or other law allows it.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide health services to you
- To communicate with you
- To comply with our legal obligations which may include mandatory notification of communicable diseases
- To help us manage our accounts and administrative services.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information that we hold
about you in accordance with our access policy. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the cost in advance.
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other
necessary developments. Please don't hesitate to speak to us if you have any questions regarding this policy.